Pennsylvania Dish Towel by Catstudio

Item #: CATST-048

(No reviews yet) Write a Review
$20.99
Adding to cart… The item has been added
Pennsylvania Dish Towel by Catstudio

The Keystone State... This original design celebrates the State of Pennsylvania!

The design is silk-screened, then framed with a hand embroidered border on a 100% cotton dish towel/hand towel/guest towel/bar towel. Three stripes down both sides and hand dyed rick-rack at the top and bottom add a charming vintage touch. Delightfully presented in a fab organdy re-usable pouch!

  • 100% Cotton
  • Machine wash cold and line dry
  • Packaged in organdy pouch
  • Measures 20" x 29"


Fun Facts:
  • Johann Behrent of Philadelphia built the first piano (the Piano Forte) in America in 1775.
  • The first American flag was made by Betsy Ross in Philadelphia.
  • The 'Crossing of the Delaware' is reenacted at Washington Crossing each year on Christmas Day.
  • The world's longest Stone Arch bridge is the Rockville Stone Arch Bridge in Pennsylvania. Completed in 1902 this bridge reaches 3,820 ft. across the Susquehanna River.
  • Pennsylvania is one of the original British colonies, the only one not bordered by the Atlantic Ocean.
  • Half of our nation's mushrooms are grown near the town of Kennett Square, PA. For this reason Kennett Square is known as 'the Mushroom Capital of the World.'
  • Pennsylvania, named for Admiral William Penn and his son, was the second to receive statehood. It became a state in 1787.
  • Due to the popularity of Punxsutawney Phil's emergence on Groundhog Day the town is billed as the weather capital of the world.
  • Philadelphia's Eastern State Penitentiary, built in the 1830s, was once an infamous prison so horrible that Charles Dickens, author and outspoken supporter of prison reform, made a special trip to see it. Eastern State is now a dilapidated shell, open to the public.
  • Indiana County, PA is known as the 'Christmas Tree capital of the world.'
  • Fairmount Park in Philadelphia is one of the largest city parks at 4,167 acres.